We live in a society that’s sexist in ways it doesn’t understand. One of the consequences is that men are extremely sensitive to being criticized by women. I think it threatens them in a very primal way, and male privilege makes them feel free to lash out.
This is why women are socialized to carefully dance around these issues, disagreeing with men in an extremely gentle manner. Not because women are nicer creatures than men. But because our very survival can depend on it.
The whole article sadly hits very close to home.
my favorite jake headcanon is that everyone assumed that he was all big and masculine because he’s mister action adventure movie but when they all finally meet he’s this five foot munchkin who weighs 100 pounds soaking wet
HE’S BARELY TALLER THAN JANE
LOOK HOW WIDE DIRK’S SHOULDERS ARE COMPARED TO JAKE’S
HE’S SO WIDDLE
ROXY’S BIGGER THAN HIM JAKE IS A TINY BOY
ITTY BITTY BABY
Yes I like this.
Well let me tell you, it was quite the pragmatic purchase. It has endless uses in my morning routine.
Such as making the bed:
Getting things off high shelves:
Reaching the remote when it’s too far away:
And assisting me when I ran out of toilet paper:
I don’t know how I survived life without it.
No comment necessary.
You are my hero.
after more than a year… I need to reblog it again. Because.
things i needed to hear in health class:
- puberty might make you squishier and its ok
- vaginas have a smell and it’s a ok
- all kinds of people with all kinds of bodies have gr8 sex
- genitals do not all look the same and variety is rad
- people have stretch marks sometimes
- people have pimples on their butts sometimes
- people have cellulite sometimes
- gender =/= sex
- sex =/= scary danger FEAR
- bodies aren’t scary or gross or sacred
- everything is okYES.